CIPFA - Performance in Public Services: Social Research
Housing and Council Tax Benefit Customer Survey
What is it?
The CIPFA Housing and Council Tax Benefit Customer Survey is a collaboration between CIPFA Social Research and representatives from Local Authority Housing and Council Tax Benefit Offices. It's designed to provide feedback on a range of issues that will help you communicate the experiences and opinions of clients to internal and external stakeholders.
Why do we need it?
The Department for Work and Pensions good practice guide recommends you review your service at least once a year to ensure it best meets your customer needs. The CIPFA Housing and Council Tax Benefit Customer Survey helps you meet this requirement in a simple, affordable way.
How does it work?
The survey targets three main groups:
- People who have recently submitted a new claim to your service
- People who have recently had a change in circumstance
- People with claims identified as incomplete or abandoned
It aims to find out:
- How easy your service is to access
- How simple it is to make a claim
- How effective is your communication
- How satisfied users are with your service
- The demographic data of your users
How will it help you?
The survey will help you understand how your service is working. You'll be able to identify the areas that are performing well, and those that need improving. You'll understand how your users are claiming, any perceived barriers they have to claiming, and how they like to communicate with you. Users appreciate the value you place on their opinion, and are usually more than happy to take part.
Find out more
If you'd like to know more about the CIPFA Housing and Council Tax Benefit Customer Survey and how it can help
improve your service, contact Claire.Simmons@cipfa.org.uk